Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Martin Naskovski <mn...@san.rr.com> on 2003/07/17 19:58:40 UTC

What's the equivlaent in JSTL of ?

I am using Struts-EL, however, the <bean:write> tag is not implemented in
it. It says to use JSTL's <c:out>. Well, how do I access a form's map value by
using JSTL? The syntax for this using <c:out> escapes me. Can someone help
me out a little? Thank you.

Martin

Re: What's the equivlaent in JSTL of ?

Posted by Martin Naskovski <mn...@san.rr.com>.
Ok, nevermind this question again - I answered it to myself, w/a little
experimentation:

This is what I was trying to do (note the c:out):

<logic-el:iterate id="element" name="userProfileForm" property="credentials">
                            <b><c:out value="${userProfileForm.credNames[element.key]}"/></b>

You just have to get the Map from the form bean as a Map. You cannot use
the setProperty(String key, Object value), stuff, which is what I was
trying to do w/JSTL, and it didn't work.

Thnx.
Martin