Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/04 20:02:17 UTC

Re: HA-enabled SSVM and CPVM?

CloudStack treats the system vm's as highly available but monitors and
recreates the vm's in a different way. Say a few failed starts of a ssvm,
would get cloudstack to destroy and recreate the vm on another host. Thats
my observation at least...

RE: HA-enabled SSVM and CPVM?

Posted by Geoff Higginbottom <ge...@shapeblue.com>.
Ahmad

You are correct, whilst the SSVM and CPVM System Offerings are not flagged as HA, they are treated as such, and if either should fail they will be automatically restarted on another Host, in addition, if you destroy them, they are also automatically re-generated from the System VM Template.

Brian,

There is no need to create new SSVM / CPVM System Offering flagged as HA, in fact doing so may cause so unexpected behaviour.

Regards

Geoff Higginbottom

geoff.higginbottom@shapeblue.com

CloudStack treats the system vm's as highly available but monitors and recreates the vm's in a different way. Say a few failed starts of a ssvm, would get cloudstack to destroy and recreate the vm on another host. Thats my observation at least...

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 9:48 AM, Brian Furry <br...@m5hosting.com> wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> The default "System Offering For Software Router" is HA-enabled. Is
> there any reason that the SSVM and CPVM Service Offerings are not
> HA-enabled by default?
>
> Is it safe and/or recommended to create new SSVM and CPVM Service
> Offerings that are HA-enabled?
>
> We're testing CloudStack 4.0.1 w/ KVM hosts, shared mount point
> primary storage, no local storage.
>
> Thanks!!
> Brian

ShapeBlue provides a range of strategic and technical consulting and implementation services to help IT Service Providers and Enterprises to build a true IaaS compute cloud. ShapeBlue’s expertise, combined with CloudStack technology, allows IT Service Providers and Enterprises to deliver true, utility based, IaaS to the customer or end-user.

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales.