Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Georg Kallidis <ge...@cedis.fu-berlin.de> on 2013/03/08 08:07:14 UTC

Antwort: Re: Site migration

Hi,

my suggestions and remarks:

- Fulcrum is referenced multiple times and points sometimes to nowhere.
Which version applies is not entirely transparent.
Fulcrum->Building seems to be for maven 1 and not maven 2/3.

- New maven archetypes should be in a more prominent place, may be in a
(new)
Getting Started menu entry? May be define a path of tools: TDK (release
2.3)-> META ((release 2.3.2) -> maven archetypes (release 2.4-M1,..) ?

- Migration should be in a main menu entry (this would improve
understanding path history and upgrade):
Combined view of migration from release 2.1 to 2.2, 2.2. to 2.3, 2.3 to
2.4.

- Keep Closed Projects as is.

- Tutorial is more exactly a Turbine 2.x Tutorial (?).

- Changes on main site are only for relases 4.x and 2.4. Release 2.3
changes are more difficult
to find: "Please see" at the bottom ...

Best regards, Georg

  Von:        Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>

  An:         Turbine Developers List <de...@turbine.apache.org>,

  Datum:      28.02.2013 16:37

  Betreff:    Re: Site migration

On 20.12.12 08:30, Thomas Vandahl wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-5685 for the first
steps.

Ok, the ground has been prepared. Now how do we proceed? I created a
tarball from the current site that can be downloaded at
http://people.apache.org/~tv/turbine-site.tar.gz (263 MB) for closer
inspection.

The following questions occurred to me:

- Do we keep the old release sites?
- Can jcs.old and images.old go?
- What is fulcrum/multiproject all about?
- The repo should not be used anymore, right?
- What about meta, stratum, tdk?
- How long do the builds live? I guess they can be removed, now that we
have Nexus.

Please help me to clean up this mess before we check it in into svn!

Bye, Thomas.