Posted to wiki-changes@httpd.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2007/07/09 12:23:22 UTC

[Httpd Wiki] Update of "Htaccess" by noodl

Dear Wiki user,

The following page has been changed by noodl:
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/Htaccess

The comment on the change is:
Fixed links

  == What is the purpose of .htaccess files? ==

- The purpose of .htaccess files is to provide a means to configure Apache for users who cannot modify the main configuration file (usually httpd.conf; see ["Info/DistrosDefaultLayout"]).
+ The purpose of .htaccess files is to provide a means to configure Apache for users who cannot modify the main configuration file (usually httpd.conf; see DistrosDefaultLayout).

  == .htaccess myths ==

@@ -28, +28 @@

  == When should I, and should I not use .htaccess files? ==

  Allowing .htaccess files will make Apache look for them upon every access to your server.  Since parent directories are searched as well, this will take some (small) amount of time, and can impact your server's performance.
- For a better explanation, see ["ScratchPad/htaccessGotchas"]. (move that explanation here?)
+ For a better explanation, see HtaccessGotchas. (move that explanation here?)

  === Should use ===
  .htaccess files should really only be used when you cannot directly edit the main configuration files.
@@ -131, +131 @@

  == How do I troubleshoot my .htaccess files? ==

- Try putting garbage in it. If it is being read, you'll get an Internal Server Error when accessing that URL. If it is being read, continue to ["ScratchPad/htaccessGotchas"] to find more about what might be wrong.
+ Try putting garbage in it. If it is being read, you'll get an Internal Server Error when accessing that URL. If it is being read, continue to HtaccessGotchas to find more about what might be wrong.