Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Simon Pepping <sp...@leverkruid.eu> on 2009/10/20 21:19:26 UTC

Re: svn commit: r827023 - /xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/src/java/org/apache/fop/cli/InputHandler.java

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 10:04:09AM -0000, vhennebert@apache.org wrote:
> Author: vhennebert
> Date: Tue Oct 20 10:04:09 2009
> New Revision: 827023

> Log:
> Fixed checkstyle issues.
> Factorized duplicated code into getXMLReader method.
>
> Modified:
>     xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/src/java/org/apache/fop/cli/InputHandler.java
>
>      /**
> -     * Create a catalog resolver and use it for XML parsing and XSLT URI resolution
> +     * Creates a catalog resolver and use it for XML parsing and XSLT URI resolution.
>       * Try the Apache Commons Resolver, and if unsuccessful,
>       * try the same built into Java 6
>       */

The above text uses inconsistent language: creates, use, try.

Simon

--
Simon Pepping
home page: http://www.leverkruid.eu

Re: svn commit: r827023 - /xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/src/java/org/apache/fop/cli/InputHandler.java

Posted by Vincent Hennebert <vh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Simon,

Simon Pepping wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 10:04:09AM -0000, vhennebert@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: vhennebert
>> Date: Tue Oct 20 10:04:09 2009
>> New Revision: 827023

>> Log:
>> Fixed checkstyle issues.
>> Factorized duplicated code into getXMLReader method.
>>
>> Modified:
>>     xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/src/java/org/apache/fop/cli/InputHandler.java
>>
>>      /**
>> -     * Create a catalog resolver and use it for XML parsing and XSLT URI resolution
>> +     * Creates a catalog resolver and use it for XML parsing and XSLT URI resolution.
>>       * Try the Apache Commons Resolver, and if unsuccessful,
>>       * try the same built into Java 6
>>       */
>
> The above text uses inconsistent language: creates, use, try.

Right. The original purpose of the change was to add the missing period
at the end of the first sentence, then I saw the missing ā€˜sā€™ [1] and
mechanically added it without checking the rest.

[1] http://java.sun.com/j2se/javadoc/writingdoccomments/index.html#styleguide

Thanks for double-checking,
Vincent