Posted to adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net> on 2006/08/12 05:24:06 UTC

Empty SelectItems

Does Trinidad by any chance include an alternative to the standard
SelectItem which would allow a null value? I need to be able to
include an empty items in some inputSelectChooseOne lists, and I
can't see a way to achieve that using the standard SelectItem class.

Alternatively, does the Trinidad alternative (tr:selectOneChoice)
have a way to supply an empty option? The documentation for the
'unselectedLabel' attribute *seems* to imply there's a way, but I'm
not sure what it might be ;-)

--
Laurie Harper
Open Source advocate, Java geek: http://www.holoweb.net/laurie

Re: Empty SelectItems

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.
Just set unselectedLabel, and that will show up
first in the selectOneChoice.  Whenever that label
is selected, the values will be null (and when
the bound value is null, that label will render selected).

Pretty, easy, huh?

-- Adam