Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org> on 2004/07/22 16:42:05 UTC

jk 1.2.6 to be tagged

I'll tag jk 1.2.6 by 17h CET.

So if you have any showstopper, send me an email :)))

Re: jk 1.2.6 to be tagged

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
jean-frederic clere wrote:

> Günter Knauf wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> http://jakarta.apache.org/~hgomez/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.6/
>>

>> JFC's portable.h breaks NetWare too; should I now extend the #ifndef
>> like Henry did?
>

> I don't see what is wrong:
> jk/native/common/portable.h should be created from portable.h.in when
> doing configure.

Well iSeries and Windows didn't use autoconf

RE: jk 1.2.6 to be tagged

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.

jean-frederic clere wrote:

> > JFC's portable.h breaks NetWare too; should I now extend
> the #ifndef like Henry did?

That's the quickest way. The proper would be to have protable.hw and
portable.nw (like APR, Apache, etc... have).

> I don't see what is wrong:
> jk/native/common/portable.h should be created from
> portable.h.in when doing configure.

We don't use configure.

MT.

Re: jk 1.2.6 to be tagged

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.

Re: jk 1.2.6 to be tagged

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
jean-frederic clere wrote:

> Henri Gomez wrote:
>
>> Günter Knauf wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,

>>> JFC's portable.h breaks NetWare too; should I now extend the #ifndef
>>> like Henry did? I guess there are probably more platforms which dont
>>> have portable.h, so it's perhaps a better approach to do:
>>> #ifdef HAVE_PORTABLE_H
>>> #include <portable.h>
>>> #endif
>>>
>>> otherwise it would look like this:
>>> #if !defined(WIN32) && !defined(AS400) && !defined(NETWARE)
>>> #include "portable.h"
>>> #else
>>> #if defined(NETWARE) && !defined(__NOVELL_LIBC__)
>>> #include <whatever is necessary for getting the vsnprintf, snprint
>>> replacements>
>>> #else
>>> #define HAVE_VSNPRINTF
>>> #define HAVE_SNPRINTF
>>> #endif
>>>
>>> personally I think its not needed anyway: if we have a good
>>> implementation for vsnprintf and friends, then why we do not trust it
>>> and use it in general over all platforms??
>>> What's the benefit of using the OS APIs if present?
>>

>> There is also reports for Solaris 8.0 where portable.h is not present ;(
>

> May be we should have a default ./common/portable.h
> containing:
>
> /* On most platform this file is overwritten when doing configure */
> #define PACKAGE "mod_jk"
> #define VERSION "1.2.6"
>
> BTW: The version is wrong in configure.in should be VERSION=1.2.6

ok, I'll reworked on CVS to fix all of these and making now new tarballs.

The jk 1.2.6 release (with fixes) was tagged as JK_1_2_6_rel

Regards

Re: jk 1.2.6 to be tagged

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@Fujitsu-Siemens.com>.

Re: jk 1.2.6 to be tagged

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.

Re: jk 1.2.6 to be tagged

Posted by Günter Knauf <fu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Re: jk 1.2.6 to be tagged

Posted by Günter Knauf <fu...@apache.org>.
Hi,
> http://jakarta.apache.org/~hgomez/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.6/
NetWare binaries for Apache 1.3.x, 2.0.x, 2.1-dev, Netscape are available for testing:
http://www.gknw.com/test/jtc/

Guenter.

Re: jk 1.2.6 to be tagged - showstopper

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
Günter Knauf wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>I don't get the problems on my 7.2 and 9.0 ;-(
>
> hmm, maybe it's a 7.1, or 7.0 box; I will check;
> but I looked already with man inet_addr and found ulong as return value, and not in_add_t;
> do we have any chance that configure detects if we have in_addr_t or not?

Yes, I will look how it is done in APR.

Posted by Günter Knauf <fu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Re: new tarballs for jk 1.2.6

Posted by Günter Knauf <fu...@apache.org>.
Hi,
> http://jakarta.apache.org/~hgomez/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.6/

> Thanks to see if it fix Netware and Windows problems.
all NetWare targets build fine.

> Reports for Suse problems and in_addr didn't appears for JFC and I,
> so I mark them as WORKFORME
I would bet we will get a lot of BZ soon......, but let's see, maybe I'm wrong...

Guenter.

BTW: does anyone else still get the nasty autoresponders?
Since my last post about it now its reduced from 12 to 3, but those 3 are coming all the time when I post something...

Re: jk 1.2.6 to be tagged - showstopper

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.

RE: new tarballs for jk 1.2.6

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
It builds on WIN32.
Since I already uploaded the binaries, they'll just stay in place, since
nothing actually changed.

MT.

new tarballs for jk 1.2.6

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
Günter Knauf wrote:

> Hi,
>
>>Adding portable.hnw for netware and portable.hw for windoze and #ifdef for
>>AS400
>>is the clean way.
>

>>The quick way is adding:
>>+++
>>#if !defined(WIN32) && !defined(AS400) && !defined(NETWARE)
>>#include "portable.h"
>>#endif
>>+++
>
> unfortunately it isnt that simple cause I have _two_ different NetWare architectures, a modern one with vsnprintf & friends, and the older one without where I need the replacements:
> for NetWare netscape, jni, apache-1.3 need replacement; only apache-2.0 has vsnprintf coming from the OS...
>
> I had already fixed that in jk_global.h, but if we stay with portable.h I would like to create protable entirely from the Makefile rather than having a protable.hnw for the above reasons - otherwise I would need _two_ : a protable.hnw1 and portable.hnw2; so better I generate it....
>
> I'm very short in time today, but see what I can add to the Makefile....

Well it will be in jk 1.2.7, if we ever release it since I'm a little
borred to see that we still battling against problems fixed by the
use of APR.

I don't know yet what will do with mod_proxy/ajp_proxy, since it appears
that relay via mod_proxy is today 50% slower than with JK and we have to
wait Apache 2.1 to see it, but I feel we should seriously study
our initial idea of mod_ajp using APR and Apache 2.x as main target.

Re: jk 1.2.6 to be tagged - showstopper

Posted by Günter Knauf <fu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
jean-frederic clere wrote:

> Henri Gomez wrote:
>
>> jean-frederic clere wrote:

>>> The problem is in buildconf.sh: I have fixed it.
>>>
>>> If you leave autom4te.cache in the distribution and someone makes
>>> automake using a different automake than the one you have used when
>>> preparing the tarball *very* strange things will happend...
>>

>> And for the portable.h was could we do ?
>

> Adding portable.hnw for netware and portable.hw for windoze and #ifdef
> for AS400 is the clean way.
>
> The quick way is adding:
> +++
> #if !defined(WIN32) && !defined(AS400) && !defined(NETWARE)
> #include "portable.h"
> #endif
> +++

You understand why I wish a new JK using ONLY APR.

We spend too many times in such dreaded issues ;(

Re: jk 1.2.6 to be tagged - showstopper

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@Fujitsu-Siemens.com>.

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Günter Knauf <fu...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Re: jk 1.2.6 to be tagged

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
Henri Gomez wrote:

> Henri Gomez wrote:
>
>> I'll tag jk 1.2.6 by 17h CET.
>>
>> So if you have any showstopper, send me an email :)))
>

> JTC tagged as JK_1_2_6
>
> Now back to jk 1.2.7-dev
>
> tarball to be released soon.

Source tarballs available at :

http://jakarta.apache.org/~hgomez/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk-1.2.6/

Thanks to check and make some binaries.

PS: Mladen I'm more than interested in the Windows binaries for
     Apache 2.0.50

Re: jk 1.2.6 to be tagged

Posted by Henri Gomez <hg...@apache.org>.
Henri Gomez wrote:

> I'll tag jk 1.2.6 by 17h CET.
>
> So if you have any showstopper, send me an email :)))

JTC tagged as JK_1_2_6

Now back to jk 1.2.7-dev

tarball to be released soon.

Thanks to various commiters to provide the usual
binaries...

Regards