Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Eriam Schaffter <er...@eriamschaffter.info> on 2002/12/03 23:15:36 UTC

Customizing axis ..

Hi all ..

I would like to use axis within and embedded sql server .. in fact I
would like to customize the web service processor so it would invoke
.jws files for example from a java sql database .. ?

How would it be possible ?

Does it looks like a huge effort .. or is it just a matter of a few
hours .. ?

What classes should I hack .. ?

The thing is I would use a servlet filter to grab a jws from a sql
database and invoke it does it seems to be a good solution ?

Thanks for any answear ..

Eriam Schaffter

Re: Customizing axis ..

Posted by Alex Dovlecel <do...@kbs.twi.tudelft.nl>.
Hello,

I haven't followed the thread carefully so I might say an idiot thing but...
I have a big mouth... :o(

You HAVE to use AXIS as your soap engine? You could use a smaller one, called
KSoap. It is easyer to change code. It does not have a proper server, but
just a servlet that emulates the behaviour of a server.

The advantage is that is very small. Also open source. But does not have all
the axis features!!! Was designed for small devices j2me but has a j2se
version as well.

If it does not fitt your requirements, sorry...

dovle

Re: Customizing axis ..

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.

Re: Customizing axis ..

Posted by Eriam Schaffter <er...@eriamschaffter.info>.
So then what do you suggest ?

Eriam

Re: Customizing axis ..

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
> I would like to use axis within and embedded sql server .. in fact I
> would like to customize the web service processor so it would invoke
> .jws files for example from a java sql database .. ?
>
> How would it be possible ?
>
> Does it looks like a huge effort .. or is it just a matter of a few
> hours .. ?
>
> What classes should I hack .. ?

JwsHandler