Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Gervai, Tamas (GE Money, consultant)" <Ta...@ge.com> on 2007/08/28 12:24:38 UTC

struts 2 client side validation with JBoss (portal server)

Hello,

I tried to use client side validation on my portal (portlet) with struts 2.

It seems to me, that struts 2 just failed to generate client side validation JavaScript. My question is, is this a known bug, known defect or it should not work anyway?

It seems just the JavaScript from the end of the JSP is missing. Server side validation just work fine.

The same application (project) work fine under Tomcat.

Does anyone succeed with client side validation under portlet?
--
tamas

Re: struts 2 client side validation with JBoss (portal server)

Posted by Nils-Helge Garli <ni...@gmail.com>.
Client side validation is not currently supported in portlets. You
might get it to work, but there are unresolved issues with
escaping/namespaces etc of javascript function names and variables.
You can register it as a JIRA issue, and hopefully we'll be able to
resolve it in a future release.

Nils-H