Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Philippe FICHET <ph...@laposte.net.INVALID> on 2023/05/29 20:10:20 UTC

Netbeans 18 and JavaFX used in plugin

Hello,

I created the plugin "asciidoc4netbeans"
(https://plugins.netbeans.apache.org/catalogue/?id=91) which uses JavaFX
but I encounter a difficulty with Netbeans 18 only (everything is OK
with previous versions).
I'm using OpendJDK 17.0.6+10 (java.vm.vendor=Eclipse Adoptium) on
purpose to test the installation of my plugin on environments without
JavaFX.
However, when I install my plugin with Netbeans 18 I get the following
error message:

When I use the "Zulu" JDK (java.vm.vendor=Azul Systems, Inc.) which
embeds JavaFX to run Netbeans 18, then I have no more problems.

Notes:
- Same problem under Ubuntu 22.04
- Using Netbeans 17's JavaFX Wrapper doesn't change anything
- JavaFX is disabled and cannot be activated in plugins.
- "Embedded Browser UI - JavaFX WebView" is disabled and cannot be
activated in plugins.

Does anyone have an idea how to successfully enable JavaFX with OpendJDK
without JavaFX (java.vm.vendor=Eclipse Adoptium)?

Thanks,
FICHET Philippe.