Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by ja...@tcs.com on 2006/02/15 12:15:15 UTC

Regarding OS supported

Hi,

Please let me know if Subversion has support for the following:
1) Linux 2.4, 2.6 kernels (Red Hat, SuSE, AsianUX)
2) HP-UX
3) AIX
4) Win Xp, 2000 ,2003

Thanks
Jaisy Jacob
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
Mailto: jaisy.jacob@tcs.com
Website: http://www.tcs.com

Notice: The information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it may contain confidential or privileged information.   If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, review, distribution, printing or copying of the information contained in this e-mail message and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited.   If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and immediately and permanently delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you

Re: Regarding OS supported

Posted by Vincent Starre <vs...@comcast.net>.
jaisy.jacob@tcs.com wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Please let me know if Subversion has support for the following:
>1) Linux 2.4, 2.6 kernels (Red Hat, SuSE, AsianUX)
>2) HP-UX
>3) AIX
>4) Win Xp, 2000 ,2003

I am presently using SVN on all of those. (though 2.4 and 2.6 Linux
kernels are both running on Debian)

Re: Regarding OS supported

Posted by William Nagel <bi...@stagelogic.com>.
On Feb 15, 2006, at 7:15 AM, jaisy.jacob@tcs.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please let me know if Subversion has support for the following:
> 1) Linux 2.4, 2.6 kernels (Red Hat, SuSE, AsianUX)
> 2) HP-UX
> 3) AIX
> 4) Win Xp, 2000 ,2003

It should work on all of those OSs.  There are no prebuilt binaries
for HP-UX and AIX available on the SVN site, but I'm pretty sure I've
seen postings on the mailing list from people who have used it on HP-
UX, and from what I know about AIX it should be supported as well as
any other Unix system (someone with real AIX experience, please
correct me if I'm wrong).

-Bill