Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by sivaramom <si...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/30 13:34:36 UTC

exporting large records in solr format

I am using solr 5.2 version with Node JS 4. I need to export millions of
records each having only 3 columns.
The columns does not need any solr features  for scoring. Also 2 of the
columns are constants. I dont need to have any sorting functionality. But
when using export handler or streaming expressions, sorting is mandatory and
also only 'json' format is possible. So is using '/export' handler or
streaming expressions possible with no sorting and in 'csv' format? Also is
there any node client similiar to solrj(Java client for solr) what supports
streaming expressions.
I find using the '/select' query handler causes large increase in solr heap
memory when fetching records. I give the solr query as q=*:*&fq=.... Will
using the '/export' handler or streaming expressions lead to less
consumption of solr heap memory for millions of records?.