Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Kalyan Kumar <ka...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/16 14:56:09 UTC

Problem building Ofbiz project on Windows

Hi All,

I am new to Ofbiz and would like to contribute to the project through development.

I have downloaded Ofbiz source code through git.

The java version is Java 14.

When trying to build the Ofbiz, the error being shown is - 'Could not determine Java Version from 14.0.2'
If I downgrade it to Java 1.8, the svnclient is failing and expecting JRE version 11.

Could you please guide me on this?

Sorry in advance, if I have not adhered to the Way of Working of this project. Please suggest me.

Thank You
Best Regards

Re: Problem building Ofbiz project on Windows

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Kalyan,

Your message has been moderated, else it would not have reached this Mailing List.

Please subscribe to the user ML for such questions and then use your email client.

You will get a better support, people can answer you on the ML.
The wider the audience the better the answers you might get.

Also it's more work for moderators who have to accept your messages as long as you have not subscribed.
I'll personally no longer accept them (other moderators still could).

Thanks

This said, you speak about "the svnclient". I don't understand, before you speak about "Ofbiz source code through git"? It's either Git or Svn (Note:
OFBiz no longer uses Svn). BTW which OFBiz version are you using?

Please answer in the user ML after being subscribed there, TIA

Jacques