Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brian Stephens <Br...@theplatform.com> on 2005/07/27 19:21:04 UTC

Best way to limit applications to specific ports

I'm trying to configure two different apps on the same server - the
Manager app as well as our own.  One of my requirements is to open 2
ports for our app and a third different port for the Manager.  Any users
connecting to the Manager port should not be able to access the other
application and vice versa, though we will want to use the Manager
against our application.

Is there a recommended best practice for doing this?  It seems I could
do it by configuring multiple Services, each pointing to a different
CATALINA_BASE, with exclusive Connectors defined.  Am I on track?  Are
there any other (better) ways to do this?

Thanks in advance.
Brian