Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Aditya <ad...@augmentiq.co.in> on 2016/09/28 06:47:29 UTC

Spark Executor Lost issue

I have a spark job which runs fine for small data. But when data
increases it gives executor lost error.My executor and driver memory are
set at its highest point. I have also tried increasing--conf
spark.yarn.executor.memoryOverhead=600but still not able to fix the
problem. Is there any other solution to fix the problem?

Re: Spark Executor Lost issue

Posted by Sushrut Ikhar <su...@gmail.com>.
Can you add more details like are you using rdds/datasets/sql ..; are you
doing group by/ joins ; is your input splittable?
btw, you can pass the config the same way you are passing memryOverhead:
e.g.
--conf spark.default.parallelism=1000 or through spark-context in code

Regards,

Sushrut Ikhar
[image: https://]about.me/sushrutikhar
<https://about.me/sushrutikhar?promo=email_sig>