Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Age Mooy <am...@home.nl> on 2003/02/26 14:11:10 UTC

Can remote repositories be secured ?

Hi,

I've been asked by my boss whether we can secure (SSL or even a simple
username/password login) our own maven repository where we deploy our
internal project jars... is this possible with Maven b8 ? If not, is that a
concious design descision or just because it hasn't been done (yet) ?

Age

Re: Can remote repositories be secured ?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 08:11, Age Mooy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been asked by my boss whether we can secure (SSL or even a simple
> username/password login) our own maven repository where we deploy our
> internal project jars... is this possible with Maven b8 ? If not, is that a
> concious design descision or just because it hasn't been done (yet) ?

I added simple auth to the repository for Mike Cannon-Brookes but I
don't think anyone has really tested it. As far as SSL support as long
as you setup your repository correctly and make sure the correct
providers are initialize for SSL there should be nothing stopping you
from using SSL.

> Age

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: Can remote repositories be secured ?

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
It should be possible to use http://user:password@host, I think.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting