Posted to rampart-dev@ws.apache.org by Roxanne Yee <ry...@akimeka.com> on 2008/07/09 05:16:49 UTC

Throw?

Would causing the Password Callback Handler to ALWAYS throw an IOException cause the following error?
I've been using the service.properties with the samples and I don't see anything wrong with the file...

   <soapenv:Body>
      <soapenv:Fault>
         <faultcode>soapenv:Server</faultcode>
         <faultstring>CryptoFactory: Cannot load properties: service.properties</faultstring>
         <detail/>
      </soapenv:Fault>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

Reprinted service.properties:

org.apache.ws.security.crypto.provider=org.apache.ws.security.components.crypto.Merlin
org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.keystore.type=jks
org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.keystore.password=apache
org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.file=service.jks

FYI: My client is soapUI.

Newbie Question: Correct versus Completely Blank

Posted by Roxanne Yee <ry...@akimeka.com>.
Ok, I've attached an archive file that is based off of the rampart/basic/sample02. I haven't touched any of the classes. I don't understand how ALL of the following configurations allow the web service to "echo" properly. (EMAIL CORRECTION: Apparently, I'm not allowed to send attachments. I've tried it twice. So if you truly need to see my files you can ask, but I believe simply implementing that basis sample would produce the same problem.)

1. Correct UsernameToken and Timestamp
2. A "blank" Security header: it does not have the "required?" UsernameToken and Timestamp
3. Correct UsernameToken and NO Timestamp

It seems like the service is checking, because the following configurations produce and error.

3. Correct Username, Incorrect Password and Timestamp
4. Incorrect Username, Correct Password and Timestamp
5. A Timestamp and NO UsernameToken
6. No Security header at all

I'm using Tomcat 6.0.16, Axis2/Java 1.4, Rampart 1.4, and the soapUI (2.0.2?) plugin for Eclipse (as the client).

Thank you so much if you can help!