Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "Lang, Cliff" <cl...@proxicom.com> on 2002/02/15 14:40:14 UTC

Turbine screens (*.java) files not being processed Turbine.handleException - "Requested Screen not found"

Using Turbine 2.1

Something changed and the screen java files throw an exception for every
process.
None of the logs say which class it is looking for.  (How do I find
out?)

Thanks - Cliff

[Fri Feb 15 08:04:12 EST 2002] -- ERROR -- Turbine.handleException:

        Requested Screen not found:
        Turbine looked in the following modules.packages path:
        [org.myproject.main.modules, org.apache.turbine.flux.modules,
org.apache.turbine.modules]

[Fri Feb 15 08:04:12 EST 2002] -- ERROR --
        Exception:  java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:

        Requested Screen not found:
        Turbine looked in the following modules.packages path:
        [org.myproject.main.modules, org.apache.turbine.flux.modules,
org.apache.turbine.modules]

        Stack Trace follows:
        java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:

        Requested Screen not found:
        Turbine looked in the following modules.packages path:
        [org.myproject.main.modules, org.apache.turbine.flux.modules,
org.apache.turbine.modules]

        at
org.apache.turbine.modules.ScreenLoader.getInstance(ScreenLoader.java:19
7)
        at
org.apache.turbine.modules.pages.DefaultPage.doBuild(DefaultPage.java:15
9)
        at org.apache.turbine.modules.Page.build(Page.java:90)
        at
org.apache.turbine.modules.PageLoader.exec(PageLoader.java:123)
        at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:447)

RE: Repost: -- no responses yet: Turbine screens (*.java) files not being processed Turbine.handleException - "Requested Screen not found"

Posted by Gary Bisaga <ga...@maximus.com>.
Right, the TR.props file says of the "module.packages" property:

# This is the "classpath" for Turbine.  In order to locate your own
# modules, you should add them to this path...

This comment is unintentionally (I assume :-) deceptive. It's not really a
classpath, it's really more like an "import list". Your server CLASSPATH
also needs to point to the classes.

<>< gary

Posted by Eric Dobbs <er...@dobbse.net>.