Posted to alexandria-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> on 2001/08/24 20:24:35 UTC

Re: Call for volunteers: please try to reproduce the following failure

on 8/23/01 6:56 PM, "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

>   [javac] Compiling 181 source files to
> D:\jakarta\jakarta-turbine-fulcrum\bin\classes
>   [javac]
> D:\jakarta\jakarta-turbine-fulcrum\bin\src\org\apache\fulcrum\schedule\JobEntr
> yPeer.java:10: package org.apache.turbine.services.db does
> not exist
>   [javac] import org.apache.turbine.services.db.*;
>   [javac] ^

Ok, something about whatever version of Torque you are using to generate
this class is causing things to fail here.

My JobEntryPeer.java looks like this:

package org.apache.fulcrum.schedule;

import java.util.*;
import com.workingdogs.village.*;
import org.apache.torque.map.*;
import org.apache.torque.pool.DBConnection;

// Local classes
import org.apache.fulcrum.schedule.map.*;

/**
 *  You should add additional methods to this class to meet the
 *  application requirements.  This class will only be generated as
 *  long as it does not already exist in the output directory.
 */
public class JobEntryPeer
    extends org.apache.fulcrum.schedule.BaseJobEntryPeer
{
}

The version of Torque in CVS in jakarta-turbine-torque does not create
package statements like what your version seems to be generating. My guess
is that somehow the version of Torque being used to build Fulcrum's stuff is
the one from jakarta-turbine-2 before we split things out...

thanks,

-jon