Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Alex Kachanov <al...@intadev.com> on 2001/11/26 15:01:25 UTC

svg2gif ?

Ok, guys, we have svg2jpeg, svg2png

How about svg2gif? Any clues?

with best wishes
Alexander Kachanov

AW: svg2gif ?

Posted by Jörn Heid <he...@fh-heilbronn.de>.
I think the problem is the patent from Unisys.
But I do not know if it's just the compression algorithm (LZW).

You have to ask (or better search the mailing lists) for it at the batik
forum as Cocoon just uses the offered transcoders.

I'm interested in it, too, and have written such an serializer for C2. It
almost works but I cannot share the code due the patent. And it's quite
difficult (I used several code examples from different people). You have two
patch several source files - so it would be better to make the gif export
work with batik.

JOERN