Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Viral_Thakkar <Vi...@infosys.com> on 2004/03/08 15:13:53 UTC

Performance

Hi all,

I have a application developed through Struts.

Application is behaving very strangely on performance side.

Performance measures are different depending on the user who is logged in to the machine.

Is there any relation between Windows User Profile and application performance?

Regards,
Viral

Re: Strange behaviour?

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
The question is, where does your action forward to in the "valid" scenario
after it has "saved" your properties? Are you forwarding to another action
which is re-popoulating the form from the request?

How about putting the cleanWhitespace() in your setters, rather than the
validate() method:

   public void setAnswer1(String answer1) {
        this.answer1 = cleanWhitespace(answer1);
   }

Niall

Posted by Hubert Rabago <ja...@yahoo.com>.
You can put log statements in your form bean's setter methods to verify that
they are being called.  My guess is that your configuration is causing struts
to reinitialize the form somehow and that resets the form values.  All I can
do is guess, though, since I have no idea how your mappings are configured.

Hubert

Strange behaviour?

RE: Performance

Posted by Shoaib <sh...@vmoksha.com>.
I am using struts in my application.We are planning to use
DynaActionForm. Can any body guide me if any there are any problems like
for performance with it.

Rgds
Shoaib