Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by matthew <ma...@mail.rockefeller.edu> on 2006/04/17 17:02:00 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2.2.0 - Large File Support for Uploads to Apache >2GB?

Hi,

Does anyone know how to modify the Apache installation
to accept greater than 2GB file uploads to Apache?

I know Apache 2.2.0 has Large File Support but not for
uploads to the Apache Server where there is a hard limit
 of 2 GB.

I have a php application for transferring large files
and we need to modify apache to accept files over 2 GB.

I have searched all and found no clear answer.

Thanks for any help.

Matt Herbert
The Rockefeller University

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.0 - Large File Support for Uploads to Apache >2GB?

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Monday 17 April 2006 18:31, Joshua Slive wrote:

> > As far as the client I have been using Firefox.
>
> Log the actual content-length sent by the client.  I'll bet it is a
> negative number because firefox doesn't support large files.

... or it's a relatively-obscure build option in firefox (just a guess:-)

--
Nick Kew

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.0 - Large File Support for Uploads to Apache >2GB?

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 4/17/06, matthew <ma...@mail.rockefeller.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have tried and I get the following error in the Log:
>
> Invalid Content-Length
>
> I have set the LimitRequestBody to 0 which is the default
> I believe. I did read the documentation which says there
> is a 2GB limit for Apache 2.2.0.
>
> As far as the client I have been using Firefox.

Log the actual content-length sent by the client.  I'll bet it is a
negative number because firefox doesn't support large files.

(I haven't tried this myself, but...)

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.0 - Large File Support for Uploads to Apache >2GB?

Posted by matthew <ma...@mail.rockefeller.edu>.
Hi,

I have tried and I get the following error in the Log:

Invalid Content-Length

I have set the LimitRequestBody to 0 which is the default
I believe. I did read the documentation which says there
is a 2GB limit for Apache 2.2.0.

As far as the client I have been using Firefox.

Matt

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.