Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <ci...@silverbullet.dk> on 2008/04/05 18:14:49 UTC

Consumer URI properites - what is the reason for the special prefix

Hi

I am working on some issues with the FTP component and it had me spoofed for a few hours.

I could not configure the FTP consumer to use my parameters from the URI such as delay between the pooling etc.

Digging into the code I discovered I had to prefix the URI parameters with "consumer.".

See the code in ScheduledPollEndpoint

Reading the wiki documentation and seeing the unit test samples etc you really don't get any hint that you should prefix the URI parameters with "consumer." to get the consumer to work.

If I have this Camel context

        port = "20014";

        String ftpUrl = "ftp://admin@localhost:" + port + "/tmp4/camel?password=admin&binary=true&delay=10000&recursive=false";

        from(ftpUrl).setHeader(FileComponent.HEADER_FILE_NAME, constant("deleteme.jpg")).to(fileUrl, "mock:result");

Then it does not work with a 10 sec delay. I have to use this URI

        String ftpUrl = "ftp://admin@localhost:" + port + "/tmp4/camel?password=admin&binary=true&consumer.delay=10000&consumer.recursive=false";

As you can notice I have prefixed the some of the parameters with "consumer." and the parameters to the FTP login is not.

This is not really what most users would expect/figure out out-of-the-box.

Med venlig hilsen

Claus Ibsen

Silverbullet

Skovsgårdsvænget 21

8362 Hørning

Tlf. +45 2962 7576

Web: www.silverbullet.dk

RE: Consumer URI properites - what is the reason for the special prefix

Posted by Claus Ibsen <ci...@silverbullet.dk>.
Thanks Aaron for the response.

We need to remember to update the wiki documentation that some properties can be set using a special prefix.

I think I have seen special prefixes in one of the http components to configure HTTPClient.

Med venlig hilsen

Claus Ibsen
Silverbullet
Skovsgårdsvænget 21