Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Ajay <aj...@6dtech.co.in> on 2017/07/17 15:24:18 UTC

Ignite2.0 Off Heap Storage

Hi All,

I loaded the data in off heap memory Ignite2.0, but when run visor cmd it
was showing data in heap. I attached configuration xml, please let me know
whether it was configuration problem or  visor cmd issue.

ignite_server_config.xml
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/n15008/ignite_server_config.xml>

Thanks,
Ajay.

Re: Ignite2.0 Off Heap Storage

Posted by Andrey Mashenkov <an...@gmail.com>.
Yes, Denis you are right max size can be higher than 80%.
There just should be enough memory for OS needs + JVM heap and perm (or
meta) space.

--
Best regards,
Andrey V. Mashenkov

Re: Ignite2.0 Off Heap Storage

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Andrey,

Posted by Andrey Mashenkov <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ajay,

By default, memory region max size is about 80% of total RAM. You are
limited only with you RAM size, but it is not recommended to set higher
than default.
Please, make sure you run x64 JVM if you want to use large memory region
and JVM process needs more than 4Gb.

Would you share a full stacktrace if nothing will helpful?

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 5:54 PM, Ajay <aj...@6dtech.co.in> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can you tell how much max off heap memory region we can start with memory
> policy configuration, Is their any limit to set this, because we are
> getting
> unsafe memory exception.
>
> Thanks,
> Ajay.

Best regards,
Andrey V. Mashenkov

Re: Ignite2.0 Off Heap Storage

Posted by mcherkasov <mc...@gridgain.com>.
You can backport the fix to 2.0 and use your own build of ignite or wait for
2.1 release, which should be very soon.

Re: Ignite2.0 Off Heap Storage

Posted by Ajay <aj...@6dtech.co.in>.
Hi,

then how come to know how much data resides and how memory utilized. Because
when i loaded 10 million records it was showing only 4 million records then
where was the rest data.

Posted by Mikhail Cherkasov <mc...@gridgain.com>.
Hi,

By default Ignite 2.+ stores all data in off heap, visor cmd shows wrong
value, there's a bug for this:

Mikhail.

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 6:24 PM, Ajay <aj...@6dtech.co.in> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I loaded the data in off heap memory Ignite2.0, but when run visor cmd it
> was showing data in heap. I attached configuration xml, please let me know
> whether it was configuration problem or  visor cmd issue.
>
> ignite_server_config.xml
> <http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/
> n15008/ignite_server_config.xml>
>
> Thanks,