Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Raghavendra <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2008/04/23 17:45:23 UTC

Struts 2.0.11.1 problem

Hello,
I just installed the struts 2.0.11.1 sample portlet on WebSphere Portal
Server and added the test portlets to a page, but when I try to view the
portlet, the page displays with "This portlet is temporarirly disabled"
message.

I see the error show below in the logs. I do have
<listener>
<listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener</listener-class>
    </listener> in the web.xml, not sure why its complaining.
Does any one have a similar experience on another portal? Or know how to fix
this..or if its a common problem with 2.0.11.1? I tried 2.0.9 and it works
fine.

[4/16/08 15:11:13:093 EDT] 00000038 SystemOut     O 15:11:13,093 FATAL
[org.apache.struts2.spring.StrutsSpringObjectFactory] ********** FATAL ERROR
STARTING UP STRUTS-SPRING INTEGRATION **********
Looks like the Spring listener was not configured for your web app!
Nothing will work until WebApplicationContextUtils returns a valid
ApplicationContext.
You might need to add the following to web.xml:
    <listener>

<listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener</listener-class>
    </listener>
[4/16/08 15:11:13:109 EDT] 00000038 ServletWrappe E   SRVE0068E: Uncaught
exception thrown in one of the service methods of the servlet:
StrutsPortlet2. Exception thrown : java.lang.NullPointerException
 at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.spring.SpringObjectFactory.getClassInstance(SpringObjectFactory.java:188)
 at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.verifyResultType(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:479)
 at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.addResultTypes(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:450)
 at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.addPackage(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:407)

Re: Struts 2.0.11.1 problem

Posted by Nils-Helge Garli Hegvik <ni...@gmail.com>.
Which version of WebSphere Portal are you using? Also check for error
messages on startup of the server, and make sure you post all the
relevant stack traces.

Nils-H

Re: Struts 2.0.11.1 problem

Posted by Raghavendra <ra...@yahoo.com>.
I am using WebSphere Portal 6.1
This is the cause of the problem..Has anyone encountered this or know a way
to fix this? Any help would be appreciated.

[4/24/08 12:04:40:250 EDT] 00000037 ServletWrappe E   SRVE0068E: Uncaught
exception thrown in one of the service methods of the servlet:
StrutsPortlet. Exception thrown : java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.spring.SpringObjectFactory.getClassInstance(SpringObjectFactory.java:188)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.verifyResultType(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:479)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.addResultTypes(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:450)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.addPackage(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:407)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.loadPackages(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:239)
	at
org.apache.struts2.config.StrutsXmlConfigurationProvider.loadPackages(StrutsXmlConfigurationProvider.java:111)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.impl.DefaultConfiguration.reload(DefaultConfiguration.java:152)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.ConfigurationManager.getConfiguration(ConfigurationManager.java:52)
	at
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.init_PreloadConfiguration(Dispatcher.java:395)
	at org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.init(Dispatcher.java:452)

Re: Struts 2.0.11.1 problem

Posted by Nils-Helge Garli Hegvik <ni...@gmail.com>.
Is this the _only_ error message in your logs? Check all the logs of
your server, and make sure that you also check for errors at the
startup of your server. If you can't find any more errors, then look
one more time, just to make sure. From the very limited information
you have provided, it seems like it's a problem loading the
configuration.

Also, did you change anything in the example application? Repackaged
it? Modified some configuration files? Also make sure that you are
using PARENT_LAST as classloader mode, if that's still an option in
6.1. Otherwise some classes may conflict with the ones in WebSphere's
own libraries.

Nils-H

Re: Struts 2.0.11.1 problem