Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Kamal C <ka...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/05 08:46:05 UTC

How to disable Serialized plugin listing files on classpath - Initialization slowness

Hi
During my testing Log4j 2 takes considerable amount of time to initialize.
In my log4j2.XML, i have around 40 Rolling file appenders and a console
appender. It took 22-25 seconds to initialize all of them. I have seen them
by turning on TRACE level logs.

I had gone through Log4j2 docs, they said PluginManager looks for custom
plugins in the class-path and the packages in the configuration of
log4j2.xml. I gave my required packages to look for custom plugins in
configuration.

To disable seriailzed listing of files , during my compilation time i run
the following command

javac -d . -cp "MY_CLASSPATH" -proc:only -processor
org.apache.logging.log4j.core.config.plugins.processor *.java

It created a META-INF folder in my class-path which it contains one
Log4j2Plugins.dat file. Then i started my testing, even then it takes 20-22
seconds to initialize. How should i minimize the initialization time?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kamal. C

Re: How to disable Serialized plugin listing files on classpath - Initialization slowness

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>.
This may be related to LOG4J2-798.
Feel free to attach your config to that Jira (or a new one if this is different) if it demonstrates the issue or can help us reproduce the issue.

Sent from my iPhone