Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Peter Hinse <lo...@d0pefish.de> on 2007/02/13 11:44:10 UTC

[users@httpd] Best practice for mod_proxy_ajp/balancer in apache-2.2.4?

Hi all,

since this is the first time I have to admin a JBoss Cluster behind an
apache proxy, I have several questions regarding configuration for the
following scenario:

A JBoss 4.0.5 Cluster with 2-n instances as Application Server, Apache
2.2.4 with mod_proxy_ajp and mod_proxy_balancer handling the connections
from and to the internet.

- which MPM do I use (prefork or worker?) and which settings do I have
to adjust?

- which parameters to mod_proxy like max, smax, ttl and retry as in
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html have to be set (for
which MPM)?

- other hints regarding performance with mod_proxy_*?

Thanks for help,

	Peter

Re: [users@httpd] Best practice for mod_proxy_ajp/balancer in apache-2.2.4?

Posted by Peter Hinse <lo...@d0pefish.de>.
Peter Hinse wrote:

> since this is the first time I have to admin a JBoss Cluster behind an
> apache proxy, I have several questions regarding configuration for the
> following scenario:
>
> A JBoss 4.0.5 Cluster with 2-n instances as Application Server, Apache
> 2.2.4 with mod_proxy_ajp and mod_proxy_balancer handling the connections
> from and to the internet.
>
> - which MPM do I use (prefork or worker?) and which settings do I have
> to adjust?
>
> - which parameters to mod_proxy like max, smax, ttl and retry as in
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html have to be set (for
> which MPM)?
>
> - other hints regarding performance with mod_proxy_*?

mmh, this can't be that kind of strange setup ;-)
Any idea where to look for answers?

Regards,

	Peter