Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Stan Guillory <gu...@ncsa.uiuc.edu> on 1995/09/15 19:48:07 UTC

Authorization

> I think that the way we're testing whether to require auth in a directory
> is whether there is an AuthType listed.  If that's not what NCSA does, the
> interesting question is, what *does* it do?  Sigh...

We decide that authorization is required in a directory based on whether
we saw any require directives when we parsed the htaccess or access.conf
files. If there are some require directives, but no AuthType is given,
the default authtype is basic.

Stanford S. Guillory
Httpd Server Development Team
NCSA-University of Illinois