Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Sa...@wellsfargo.com on 2016/11/21 19:04:06 UTC

Cluster deploy mode driver location

Hello there,

I have a Spark program in 1.6.1, however, when I submit it to cluster, it randomly picks the driver.

I know there is a driver specification option, but along with it it is mandatory to define many other options I am not familiar with. The trouble is, the .jars I am launching need to be available at the driver host, and I would like to have this jars in just a specific host, which I like it to be the driver.

Any help?

Thanks!
Saif

Re: Cluster deploy mode driver location

Posted by Masood Krohy <ma...@intact.net>.
You may also try distributing your JARS along with your Spark app; see
options below. You put on the client node whatever that is necessary and
submit them all in each run. There is also a --files option which you can
remove below, but may be helpful for some configs.

You do not need to specify all the arguments; the default values are
picked up when not explicitly given.

spark-submit \
--master yarn \
--deploy-mode cluster \
--num-executors 2 \
--driver-memory 4g \
--executor-memory 8g \
--files /usr/hdp/current/spark-client/conf/hive-site.xml \
--jars
/usr/hdp/current/spark-client/lib/datanucleus-api-jdo-3.2.6.jar,/usr/hdp/current/spark-client/lib/datanucleus-rdbms-3.2.9.jar,/usr/hdp/current/spark-client/lib/datanucleus-core-3.2.10.jar
\
--class "SparkApp"  \
/pathToAppOnTheClientNode/SparkApp.jar (if any, arguments passed to the
Spark App here)

Masood

------------------------------
Masood Krohy, Ph.D.
Data Scientist, Intact Lab-R&D
Intact Financial Corporation
http://ca.linkedin.com/in/masoodkh

De :    Silvio Fiorito <si...@granturing.com>
A :     "Saif.A.Ellafi@wellsfargo.com" <Sa...@wellsfargo.com>,
"user@spark.apache.org" <us...@spark.apache.org>
Date :  2016-11-22 08:02
Objet : Re: Cluster deploy mode driver location

Hi Saif!

Unfortunately, I don't think this is possible for YARN driver-cluster
mode. Regarding the JARs you're referring to, can you place them on HDFS
so you can then have them in a central location and refer to them that way
for dependencies?

http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/submitting-applications.html#advanced-dependency-management

Thanks,
Silvio