Posted to user@struts.apache.org by DWilkerson <dw...@ideorlando.org> on 2008/04/03 16:51:41 UTC

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.struts.config.ModuleConfig.findActionConfigId(Ljava/lang/String;)

Hello all.

I am using MyEclipse, JBoss 4.0.2, and Struts 1.3.8. I have an exploded war
file directory that contains the skeleton files for my Struts app. When I
deploy to JBoss using the MyEclipse facilities for this, I get a
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.struts.config.ModuleConfig.findActionConfigId(Ljava/lang/String;)

I tried posting on the MyEclipse forums for this, but their support people
advised to cross post on some Struts forums too. My stack trace and product
version info is below. Thanks in advance!!

dw

Daniel Wilkerson
SPARTA, Inc.
13501 Ingenuity Drive - Suite 132
Orlando, Fl. 32826-3009
TEL:(407)380-0076 ext.121
IDE: (321)235-7667
email:dwilkerson@ideorlando.org

Environment Info:
I am using the following products:
Eclipse Version: 3.3.1.R33x_r20070802-8y8eE8sEV3Fz0z0GlHJrXvTAUS
Build id: M20070921-1145

MyEclipse Version: 6.0.1.zmyeclipse601200710
Build id: 6.0.1-GA-200710

JBoss 4.0.2

Struts 1.3.8.

Offending Lines of Code (Tomcat Generated Servlets)
I checked the generated servlets to see the offending lines of code getting
executed in the stack trace below. The exception was thrown at lines 68 and
then again at 95.

* line 68 is:if (_jspx_meth_html_form_0(_jspx_page_context)) return;

* line 95 is: int _jspx_eval_html_form_0 =
_jspx_th_html_form_0.doStartTag();

The stack trace in my JBoss console is:
12:38:58,226 ERROR [[jsp]] Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw exception
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.struts.config.ModuleConfig.findActionConfigId(Ljava/lang/String;)
Lorg/apache/struts/config/ActionConfig;
at org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.lookup(FormTag.java:823)
at org.apache.struts.taglib.html.FormTag.doStartTag(FormTag.java:467)
at
org.apache.jsp.form.exerciseControlViewInput_jsp._jspx_meth_html_form_0(org.
apache.jsp.form.exerciseControlViewInput_jsp:95)
at
org.apache.jsp.form.exerciseControlViewInput_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.
form.exerciseControlViewInput_jsp:68)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:3
22)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
at
FilterChain.java:252)
at
ain.java:173)
at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.ja
va:81)
at
FilterChain.java:202)
at
ain.java:173)
at
va:213)
at
va:178)
at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.CustomPrincipalValve.invoke(CustomPrincipalVal
ve.java:39)
at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssoci
ationValve.java:153)
at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:
59)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126
)
at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105
)
at
:107)
at
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:856)
at
ction(Http11Protocol.java:744)
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.jav
a:527)
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.MasterSlaveWorkerThread.run(MasterSlaveWorkerThre
ad.java:112)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

RE: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.struts.config.ModuleConfig.findActionConfigId(Ljava/lang/String;)

Posted by "ev.srinivas" <ev...@gmail.com>.
Using the above steps,
1.Start server.
2.Remove the EAR file from servers tab in eclipse.
3.Restart server
4.The error will be gone on loading login page of application server.
5.Deploy your application(EAR file ) again.

RE: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.struts.config.ModuleConfig.findActionConfigId(Ljava/lang/String;)

Posted by DWilkerson <dw...@ideorlando.org>.
Thanks for the reply Antonio. I sincerely appreciate it.

I solved the problem. Figures as soon as I go on a posting spree...lol. It's
the way it always works.

When clicking "Redeploy" in MyEclipse to push your updated files to the
server, MyEclipse didn't delete the Struts 2 jars from my deployed
WEB-INF/lib directory. I had been experimenting with Struts 2. Now, I can
see why I got that error. The fix was to remove the war file using the
remove button on the MyEclipse deployment dialog, bounce JBoss, then
redeploy. Now only the 1.3.8 jars are there and no more error. Life is good
again.

Thanks again!
dw

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.