Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Renata Ghisloti Duarte de Souza <re...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/22 17:17:22 UTC

Error while building oozie with sqoop 1.4.2

Hello,

I am trying to build Oozie 3.3.0 with Sqoop version 1.4.2. (mvn compile
-Dsqoop.version=1.4.2) and I keep getting this error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project oozie-sharelib-sqoop: Could not
resolve dependencies for project
org.apache.oozie:oozie-sharelib-sqoop:jar:3.3.0: Failure to find
org.apache.sqoop:sqoop:jar:1.4.2 in http://repo1.maven.org/maven2 was
cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until
the update interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]

Am I missing something here? I know that for -Dhadoop.version I had to
change other pom files under hadooplibs, but I did not find a similar thing
for sqoop.

Thanks in advance,

Renata.

Re: Error while building oozie with sqoop 1.4.2

Posted by Renata Ghisloti Duarte de Souza <re...@gmail.com>.
Hello Jarcec,

thank you for your answer!

I have a sqoop 1.4.2 jar here on my machine, and I installed it on my local
repository with the command mvn install. It seems that it was installed
successfully, so maven should use
this jar instead.
I've done the same thing for hadoop 1.1.2 and it worked.

I had a similar error when I tried building oozie with a
-Dhadoop.version=1.1.2, and then I realized that I had to change manually
the pom file, and the hadooplibs pom files.

Is there any place that uses the version of sqoop hard coded that I have to
change manually except pom.xml?

Thanks again!

Posted by Jarek Jarcec Cecho <ja...@apache.org>.