Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Torgeir Veimo <to...@vertech.no> on 2001/04/17 11:19:32 UTC

using ant for web-app deployment

I want to use Ant for deployment of a web-app into a tomcat 4.0 instance
that initially doesn't know about the web-app, thus there is not Context
section for that web-app in server.xml. Thus it's not enough to simply
create / copy a web-application directory under
jakarta-tomcat-4.0/webapps.

Does anyone have any working example of how to automatically alter the
server.xml file to include a newly added web-application?

--
- Torgeir

Re: using ant for web-app deployment

Posted by Jim Cheesman <jc...@msl.es>.
At 11:19 AM 4/17/2001, you wrote:
>I want to use Ant for deployment of a web-app into a tomcat 4.0 instance
>that initially doesn't know about the web-app, thus there is not Context
>section for that web-app in server.xml. Thus it's not enough to simply
>create / copy a web-application directory under
>jakarta-tomcat-4.0/webapps.
>
>Does anyone have any working example of how to automatically alter the
>server.xml file to include a newly added web-application?
>
>--
>- Torgeir

Aren't war files (.war) recognized automagically? (I could be wrong
here...) If so, generating one would do the job for you. There's an ant
task that does this.

Jim

--

                           *   Jim Cheesman   *