Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "eric.renault" <er...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/30 19:21:50 UTC

Urgent : Problems using the 'Shared File System Master Slave' feature

Hello all

I am experiencing troubles getting ActiveMQ use the master/slave on shared
file system new feature.

Configuration :
ActiveMQ 4.0.1 (home dir = /vol03/ActiveMQ/4.0.1)
RedHat 4
Disk Array on GFS

It looks straight forward on the web site, but I can't get it work.

Here is what the web site suggests :
<persistenceAdapter>
  <journaledJDBC dataDirectory="/sharedFileSystem/broker"/>
</persistenceAdapter>

What I am trying to reach is pretty simple :
2 brokers in cluster:
  "BrokerA" and "BrokerB".
Each one of them has its slave...respectively:
  "BrokerAbck" and "BrokerB2bck"

So I created 4 xml files:
BrokerA.xml
BrokerAbck.xml
BrokerB.xml
BrokerBbck.xml

BrokerA.xml :
<beans xmlns="http://activemq.org/config/1.0">
  <bean
class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer"/>
  <broker useJmx="false" brokerName="BrokerA" persistent="true"
deleteAllMessagesOnStartup="false" start="true"
shutdownOnMasterFailure="false" useLoggingForShutdownErrors="true"
useShutdownHook="true" populateJMSXUserID="true" >
    <managementContext>
       <managementContext connectorPort="1099"
jmxDomainName="org.apache.activemq"/>
    </managementContext>

    <persistenceAdapter>
      <journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="5" useJournal="true"
dataDirectory="/vol03/ActiveMQ/4.0.1/data/BrokerA"/>
    </persistenceAdapter>

    <transportConnectors>
      <transportConnector name="default" uri="tcp://localhost:4501"
discoveryUri="multicast://default"/>
    </transportConnectors>

    <networkConnectors>
      <networkConnector name="default" uri="multicast://default"/>
    </networkConnectors>
  </broker>
</beans>

BrokerAbck.xml :
<beans xmlns="http://activemq.org/config/1.0">
  <bean
class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer"/>
  <broker useJmx="false" brokerName="BrokerAbck" persistent="true"
deleteAllMessagesOnStartup="false" start="true"
shutdownOnMasterFailure="false" useLoggingForShutdownErrors="true"
useShutdownHook="true" populateJMSXUserID="true" >
    <managementContext>
       <managementContext connectorPort="1099"
jmxDomainName="org.apache.activemq"/>
    </managementContext>

    <persistenceAdapter>
      <journaledJDBC journalLogFiles="5" useJournal="true"
dataDirectory="/vol03/ActiveMQ/4.0.1/data/BrokerA"/>
    </persistenceAdapter>

    <transportConnectors>
      <transportConnector name="default" uri="tcp://localhost:4501"
discoveryUri="multicast://default"/>
    </transportConnectors>

    <networkConnectors>
      <networkConnector name="default" uri="multicast://default"/>
    </networkConnectors>
  </broker>
</beans>

BrokerA starts perfectly.
BrokerAbck fails with the following error:

ACTIVEMQ_HOME: /vol03/ActiveMQ/4.0.1
ERROR: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute start task. Reason:
with name 'org.apache.activemq.store.PersistenceAdapterFactoryBean':
FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is
java.io.IOException: Journal is already opened by another application
ERROR: java.lang.Exception:
with name 'org.apache.activemq.store.PersistenceAdapterFactoryBean':
FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is
java.io.IOException: Journal is already opened by another application

Can anyone help?
I really need this to be working very soon.
I haven't tried the Pure Master/Slave solution....and do not really want to
as the recovery procedure isn't automatic.

Thank you in advance

Eric

Re: Urgent : Problems using the 'Shared File System Master Slave' featur

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
Currently 4.1 is only available as a snapshot...

http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/activemq/apache-activemq/

but we hope to get a release out pretty soon.

On 10/30/06, eric.renault <er...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> >> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating
> >> bean
> >> with name 'org.apache.activemq.store.PersistenceAdapterFactoryBean':
> >> FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is
> >> java.io.IOException: Journal is already opened by another application
> >> ERROR: java.lang.Exception:
> >> org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating
> >> bean
> >> with name 'org.apache.activemq.store.PersistenceAdapterFactoryBean':
> >> FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is
> >> java.io.IOException: Journal is already opened by another application
> >>

> >> Can anyone help?
> >> I really need this to be working very soon.
> >> I haven't tried the Pure Master/Slave solution....and do not really want
> >> as the recovery procedure isn't automatic.

James
-------

Posted by "eric.renault" <er...@gmail.com>.
Well then

Re: Urgent : Problems using the 'Shared File System Master Slave' feature

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
> [...]

> </beans>
>
> BrokerA starts perfectly.
> BrokerAbck fails with the following error:
>
> ACTIVEMQ_HOME: /vol03/ActiveMQ/4.0.1
> ERROR: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute start task. Reason:
> with name 'org.apache.activemq.store.PersistenceAdapterFactoryBean':
> FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is
> java.io.IOException: Journal is already opened by another application
> ERROR: java.lang.Exception:
> with name 'org.apache.activemq.store.PersistenceAdapterFactoryBean':
> FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is
> java.io.IOException: Journal is already opened by another application
>

> Can anyone help?
> I really need this to be working very soon.
> I haven't tried the Pure Master/Slave solution....and do not really want to
> as the recovery procedure isn't automatic.

James
-------

Posted by "eric.renault" <er...@gmail.com>.
Hello again
I forgot to mention that I am using the SAN between 4 boxes.
L'et's call them Server1, Server2, Server3 and Server4.
They all share the "/vol03" dir via the disk array.
BrokerA is started on Server1
BrokerAbck is started on Server2
...etc

By the way I noticed sth odd :
removing these 2 properties : 'journalLogFiles="5" useJournal="true"' make
the broker unable to start...

Please Help