Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Ronald I. Nutter" <ro...@georgetowncollege.edu> on 2004/08/19 20:15:23 UTC

Spamassassin config problem ?

[root@SA init.d]# postfix start
postfix/postfix-script: warning: /var/spool/postfix/etc/resolv.conf and
/etc/resolv.conf differ
postfix/postfix-script: starting the Postfix mail system

I am starting to test our SA setup and get this message when starting
postfix.  Going by the ScottHenderson document, I didn't think I had to
touch the /var/spool/postfix/etc/resolv.conf file.  Should I get them to
match ?  Issues if I don't ?

Ron

Re: Spamassassin config problem ?

Posted by Mike Burger <mb...@bubbanfriends.org>.
Normally, the Postfix installation process copies certain files from /etc
to /var/spool/postfix/etc.  This is useful for running postfix in a chroot
environment.

If you make changes to those files in /etc, it might not be a bad idea to
copy that file to /var/spool/postfix/etc, to make sure that everything is
on the same page.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit
message to:

site-update-request@bubbanfriends.org

with a message of:

subscribe

Re: Spamassassin config problem ?

Posted by Bob McClure Jr <ro...@earthlink.net>.
On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 02:15:23PM -0400, Ronald I. Nutter wrote:
> [root@SA init.d]# postfix start
> postfix/postfix-script: warning: /var/spool/postfix/etc/resolv.conf and
> /etc/resolv.conf differ
> postfix/postfix-script: starting the Postfix mail system
>
> I am starting to test our SA setup and get this message when starting
> postfix.  Going by the ScottHenderson document, I didn't think I had to
> touch the /var/spool/postfix/etc/resolv.conf file.  Should I get them to
> match ?

Yes.  Just "cp /etc/resolv.conf /var/spool/postfix/etc/".

> Issues if I don't ?

Maybe.

> Ron

Cheers,