Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by Elliot Metsger <em...@jhu.edu> on 2006/10/06 20:17:46 UTC

fixing the groupId for the pluto maven plugin

Hi David,

(... when you get a moment to catch your breath ...)

I'm trying to fix the issue referenced in the attachment - resolving the
goal prefix 'pluto' to the Pluto Maven plugin.  I suspect that a
<groupId> element is missing from the base maven-metadata.xml file.

How do the maven-metadata.* files in
people.apache.org:/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org/apache/pluto
get created?  Does the execution 'mvn deploy' create them?

Can we do one of two things:
1) Update the permissions on
people.apache.org:/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org/apache/pluto
so I can use 'mvn deploy' to push out artifacts.

-or-

2) Replace the following files in
people.apache.org:/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/org/apache/pluto
with the files attached to this email (I manually generated these):
maven-metadata.xml
maven-metadata.xml.sha1
maven-metadata.xml.md5

If there is a problem with the 'mvn deploy' command I will take a look
and submit a patch to the maven folks if need be.

Thanks for your help in this!

Elliot

Re: fixing the groupId for the pluto maven plugin

Posted by Elliot Metsger <em...@jhu.edu>.
Continuing with the stream of conscienceness....

The metadata on ibiblio was published recently and the errant
maven-pluto-plugin metadata is gone.

So.... I haven't tested yet but this problem should be resolved (one
may/probably/at your own risk need to remove
org/apache/maven/plugins/metadata-* from their local repo).

Elliot

Posted by Elliot Metsger <em...@jhu.edu>.