Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Prakrati Agrawal <Pr...@mu-sigma.com> on 2012/06/06 11:04:08 UTC

Cassandra not retrieving the complete data on 2 nodes

Dear all

I was originally having a 1 node cluster. Then I added one more node to it with initial token configured appropriately. Now when I run my queries I am not getting all my data ie all columns.

Output on 2 nodes
Time taken to retrieve columns 43707 of key range is 1276
Time taken to retrieve columns 2084199 of all tickers is 54334
Time taken to count is 230776
Total number of rows in the database are 183
Total number of columns in the database are 7903753

Output on 1 node
Time taken to retrieve columns 43707 of key range is 767
Time taken to retrieve columns 3855552 of all tickers is 52793
Time taken to count is 268135
Total number of rows in the database are 396
Total number of columns in the database are 16316426

Please help me. Where is my data going or how should I retrieve it.

Thanks and Regards
Prakrati Agrawal | Developer - Big Data(I&D)| 9731648376 | www.mu-sigma.com

________________________________
This email message may contain proprietary, private and confidential information. The information transmitted is intended only for the person(s) or entities to which it is addressed. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited and may be illegal. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the message from your system.

Mu Sigma takes all reasonable steps to ensure that its electronic communications are free from viruses. However, given Internet accessibility, the Company cannot accept liability for any virus introduced by this e-mail or any attachment and you are advised to use up-to-date virus checking software.

RE: Cassandra not retrieving the complete data on 2 nodes

Posted by Prakrati Agrawal <Pr...@mu-sigma.com>.
I was told that the node bootstraps automatically in 1.1.0 version of Cassandra. Please help me how to rectify the mistake

Prakrati Agrawal | Developer - Big Data(I&D)| 9731648376 | www.mu-sigma.com

In addition to using a low consistency level, it sounds like you didn't bootstrap the node or run a repair after it joined the ring.
what is your consistency level?

--
Tyler Hobbs
DataStax<http://datastax.com/>

Posted by Tyler Hobbs <ty...@datastax.com>.

--
Tyler Hobbs
DataStax <http://datastax.com/>

RE: Cassandra not retrieving the complete data on 2 nodes

Posted by Prakrati Agrawal <Pr...@mu-sigma.com>.
I have specified the consistency level as 1

Posted by "Poziombka, Wade L" <wa...@intel.com>.

Posted by Prakrati Agrawal <Pr...@mu-sigma.com>.