Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Jason Rosenberg <jb...@squareup.com> on 2016/01/04 18:48:52 UTC

stable release?

All,

I see that 0.8.2.2 is still listed as the 'stable release', while 0.9.0.0
is the 'latest release', for kafka.

At what point to we expect 0.9.X to become 'stable'?  Will it be 0.9.0.1?

Also, I assume more than a few of us have upgraded to 0.9.0.0 for
production environments, any reports so far of any issues?

Thanks,

Jason

Re: stable release?

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.
First, I think the reason 0.8.2.2 is stable and 0.9.0.0 is latest is mostly
due to oversight.
0.9.0.0 is stable. Some of the new APIs are considered unstable, but this
doesn't imply toward a simple upgrade of the brokers.

Regarding issues, you can see what we fixed for 0.9.0.1:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/commits/0.9.0

Mostly minor things and mostly to the new APIs (KafkaConnect and
KafkaConsumer).

Gwen