Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Harshal D <em...@yahoo.com> on 2002/12/20 09:40:14 UTC

[Announce / help] STRUTS - Help needed on open source project

THIS IS NOT A TECHNICAL QUESTION.

Hello,

I am a contributor to www.theopenstack.com

We are trying to simplify & promote use of open source technology in building �enterprise application�. The goal is to pre-define a stack and demonstrate the use of open source technologies for enterprise applications. We will be demonstrating how to build the same example application, step-by-step, by adding features such as DB access, caching, ERP integration, Service oriented architecture support & Collaboration.

We are a bunch of business tier application developers and seriously lack STRUTS skills. We really need contributors in this area.

Please check out the website, about us & projects links to explore further if you are interested.

 Thanks

Harshal

RE: [Announce / help] STRUTS - Help needed on open source project

Posted by Micael <ca...@harbornet.com>.
Are there complimentary sampans?

At 09:13 AM 12/20/02 -0500, you wrote:
>So what exactly do you want?  Free labor?
>

>--
>James Mitchell
>Software Engineer/Struts Evangelist
>http://www.open-tools.org
>
>"C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot; C++ makes it harder, but
>when you do, it blows away your whole leg."
>- Bjarne Stroustrup

LEGAL NOTICE

you

RE: [Announce / help] STRUTS - Help needed on open source project

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
I can't speak for everyone, but it is not very clear (from the main
page) what your website is about.
I had to go to the faq to grasp what is going on. (hint - add 'what is
open stack' to your main page)

So, basically, (guessing) you guys are like a Marketing dept for Open
Source Java Development???

I think this is a cool idea and I wish you mucho success!!!

I hope someone (IBM?) does something quick.  I just finished installing
the full blown Visual Studio.net Enterprise Developer w/ Visio (yes, I
get paid to do .Net (30%) and Java (%15)....mostly because I can't seem
to find a fulltime position in the J2EE sector) and it looks to be quite
a bit more powerful than the previous version.

For me, Eclipse (and plugins) is the closest thing to competing with M$
development tools.  It's nice to see someone pull all these efforts
together.

Good Luck, I'll help when/where I can.

Posted by Harshal D <em...@yahoo.com>.
James,