Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Lo...@log-net.com on 2003/04/17 20:31:36 UTC

"Illegal 'retrieve-boundary' value" error after upgrading to 0.20.5rc2

OK, I am having another problem with upgrading from .3 to .5rc2.  On any
stylesheet with markers, I get the following error:

[ERROR] org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: Illegal 'retrieve-boundary' value
org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: Illegal
'ret
rieve-boundary' value
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.render(Driver.java:462)
        at
org.apache.fop.apps.CommandLineStarter.run(CommandLineStarter.java:69
)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Fop.main(Fop.java:19)

---------

java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: Illegal
'retrieve-
boundary' value
        at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:965)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TrAXFilter.parse(TrAXFilter.java:134)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.render(Driver.java:457)
        at
org.apache.fop.apps.CommandLineStarter.run(CommandLineStarter.java:69
)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Fop.main(Fop.java:19)

---------

java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: Illegal
'retrieve-
boundary' value
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java
:3407)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerHandlerImpl.endDocument(Trans
formerHandlerImpl.java:433)
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.endDocument(SAXParser.java:1225)
        at
org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.callEndDocument(XMLV
alidator.java:760)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$EndOfInputDispatcher.d
ispatch(XMLDocumentScanner.java:1546)
        at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentS
canner.java:381)
        at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:948)
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TrAXFilter.parse(TrAXFilter.java:134)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Driver.render(Driver.java:457)
        at
org.apache.fop.apps.CommandLineStarter.run(CommandLineStarter.java:69
)
        at org.apache.fop.apps.Fop.main(Fop.java:19)

I ran java org.apache.xalan.xslt.EnvironmentCheck and it said all was well
(from its point of view).  Could this be a jar file mixup?

I'm running jdk1.3, jaxp(newest and whatever files came with the FOP
20.5rc2 distribution.

Thanks,
Lou

Re: "Illegal 'retrieve-boundary' value" error after upgrading to 0.20.5rc2

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Louis.Masters@log-net.com wrote:
> OK, I am having another problem with upgrading from .3 to .5rc2.  On any
> stylesheet with markers, I get the following error:
>
> [ERROR] org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: Illegal 'retrieve-boundary' value
> org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: Illegal
> 'ret
> rieve-boundary' value

It seems you generate empty values for retrieve-boundary properties.
Run the transformation alone
  http://xml.apache.org/fop/running.html#running_xalan
and check the resulting FO document

J.Pietschmann