Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Dan Haywood <dk...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/10 02:48:02 UTC

reworking of the logo, in SVG.

my 6th idea for a logo, at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ISIS/LogoIdeas

I'm not sure I like it more than the one we're using (my 1st idea), but
at least it is in SVG so should be editable/tweakable by everyone (use
Inkscape as the editor).

Dan

Re: reworking of the logo, in SVG.

Posted by Dan Haywood <dk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mike,
Not sure I'm wedded to that font either.

I was thinking of using the original font from the naked objects logo
(see http://nakedobjects.org/), but didn't know it's name.  Then I had
this thought about something with a slightly Egyptian feel.  In the end
went with something that'd make interesting shapes against the backdrop.

~~~
Regarding the feathering, I'm not so keen.  I think that the shapes want
to be clean, so that they scale well.  I've changed to using curves
because I was trying to get it so that that the feel of the logo overall
is reminiscent of a wing.

Thanks for the input, please feel free to play around with the logo
yourself.  Inkscape has a bit of a learning curve, but it's pretty good,
and cross platform.

Cheers
Dan

Posted by Mike Burton <mi...@mycosystems.co.uk>.