Partitioning an external hbase table

Is it possible to define partitions for a external table backed by Hbase? If so what is the proper syntax?

I already have an external table backed by base and I'm finding that for even simple SELECT queries the load isn't getting evenly distributed a across the map tasks.  Some tasks see as few as a few hundred map input records while others receive more than a million.

Re: Partitioning an external hbase table

Posted by "kulkarni.swarnim@gmail.com" <ku...@gmail.com>.
Unfortunately I don't think there is a clean way to achieve that (atleast
not one that I know of). Your option at this point is to run your queries
with a WHERE clause so that the predicate behind the scenes gets converted
to a range scan and restricts the amount of data that is being getting
scanned.

--
Swarnim