Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by chad kellerman <ck...@alabanza.com> on 2002/03/05 15:06:10 UTC

file creation

Hello everyone,

     I am using Apache 1.3.23 with tomcat 4.0.1 woth the web_app module.  I have configured tomcat to work with Virtual Hosts.  All jsp pages and serverlets operate correctly, and everything is running smoothly except one thing.

    I downloaded a evalutaion copy of jive forum from http://www.jivesoftware.com  just to do some testing ( jsp, jdbc, and servlets)  Everything runs great and looks great but one thing.

    Any files that that it creates has the uid and gid of root.  Root being who started and running tomcat.

    How can I set "suexec" for tomcat?  And how can I change the user the Tomcat is running as?  For example, have it run as the user tomcat.

Thanks for all the help,

-chad