Posted to adffaces-dev@incubator.apache.org by Danny Robinson <da...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/28 17:35:14 UTC

Client-side validation - enhance to match server-side

Guys,

Would there be support for an enhancement to the client-side validation so
that it behaves in the same way as the server-side logic?  Meaning, we'd get
rid of the javascript alert dialog and instead dyanamically show/hide the
error messages in the page.

If so, I'll raise a JIRA issue and look into possible solutions.  Tips &
suggestions welcome.

Danny

--
Chordiant Software Inc.
www.chordiant.com

Re: Client-side validation - enhance to match server-side

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
well,

there is already convertion/validation done on the client.
I am not really interested in adding GWT dependency to Trinidad.

-M

--
Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh

further stuff:
mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Re: Client-side validation - enhance to match server-side

Posted by Arash Rajaeeyan <ar...@gmail.com>.

--
Arash Rajaeeyan

Re: Client-side validation - enhance to match server-side

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.
Sorry - I've been wanting to have a look at it, but been
generally swamped.  Hopefully soon...

-- Adam

Posted by Danny Robinson <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Danny Robinson <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Peter Muir <pm...@bleepbleep.org.uk>.

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
I don't need the alerts - but there might be people who want it. From
me a 0- on this.

regards,

Martin

--

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: Client-side validation - enhance to match server-side

Posted by Danny Robinson <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Arash Rajaeeyan <ar...@gmail.com>.
the difference is with GWT, user can write java code for client side
validation instead of JS.
they can compile it with their own Java IDE.
but I also agree that adding another dependency to  MyFaces is  not good,
specially dependency to such a big project.

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Danny Robinson <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.