Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Pe...@softwareag.com on 2005/02/04 15:37:35 UTC

Content encoding and MS Word ...

Hi,

found in this list many postings about URL encoding ... but nothing
about content encoding.

In a project using Slide/Tamino which I am coaching, XHTML documents are
stored using MS Word, where it is important to know the encoding of the
content. Unfortunately, MS Word 2003 does *not* sent the encoding in the
Content-Type header like:

but only sends the mime-type. As a consequence, the encoding is not
available as part of the value of the DAV:getcontenttype property.

Has anybody an idea how to make MS Word sending the encoding?

Has anybody thought about a Slide parameter (e.g. in slide.properties)
to specify a default-content-encoding to assume in case, the client
doesn't send it?

Thanks & regards,
Peter

Re: Content encoding and MS Word ...

Posted by Eirikur Hrafnsson <ei...@idega.is>.
Maybe you could create an event handler (trigger?) that sets the
encoding everytime someone uploads a word document?
I would also like to do something like that and know it's possible but
don't know how to do it yet...

Best Regards

Eirikur S. Hrafnsson, eiki@idega.is
Chief Software Engineer