Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org> on 2010/03/12 22:43:12 UTC

[VOTE] Avro release 1.3.1 (rc 0)

I have created a candidate build for Avro release 1.3.1.

Changes are listed at:

   http://tinyurl.com/avro131

Please download, test, and vote by 16 March.

   http://people.apache.org/~cutting/avro-1.3.1-rc0/

Thanks,

Doug

Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.3.1 (rc 0)

Posted by Matt Massie <ma...@cloudera.com>.
I don't consider them blockers.

If we are planning on releasing regular minor updates, then it can
wait until 1.3.2 in a few weeks.

I'm +1 on this release.

* All tests pass on MacOS and Linux
* md5/sha1 signatures are correct

-Matt

Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.3.1 (rc 0)

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.3.1 (rc 0)

Posted by Matt Massie <ma...@cloudera.com>.
Doug-

[RESULT] [VOTE] Avro release 1.3.1 (rc 0)

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
With my +1, that makes 3 +1 votes and no -1 votes from PMC members.

We have a release!

Thanks,

Doug

Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.3.1 (rc 0)

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.3.1 (rc 0)

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
Thanks, Tom!

We just need one more vote from a Hadoop PMC member to release this.

Doug

Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.3.1 (rc 0)

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
Thanks, Tom!

Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.3.1 (rc 0)

Posted by Tom White <to...@cloudera.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.3.1 (rc 0)

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
Patrick Hunt wrote:
> Have you phased out md5s purposely?

Yes, although perhaps I should not have.  I knew that one was optional,
and that SHA1 is thought to be a better hash than MD5, so assumed that
MD5 was optional.  But now that you've called attention to it, it seems
that SHA1 is optional and MD5 is required (perhaps since tools expect it).

http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html#policy

I have created MD5 hashes for this release candidate & will update
build.sh to create these as well from now on.

Doug

Re: [VOTE] Avro release 1.3.1 (rc 0)

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.