Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Kalcevich, Daniel" <dk...@firstam.com> on 2006/04/18 22:50:30 UTC

Log4J writing duplicate rows and hanging application

Everyone,

I have a Web Application that is using Log4J 1.2.9 for its logging.
What is happening is that when I call some code from a JAR that is
located in the /WEB-INF/lib directory I start to see strange behavior
with Log4J as well as the application hangs.  The log format of each
line changes, as well as it writes the same line repeatedly about 20+
times.  The format it changes to appears to the TTCC format.  A sample
of what it writes after it screws up is:

1467769 [http-8080-Processor23] DEBUG
org.springframework.transaction.support.TransactionSynchronizationManage
r  - Clearing transaction synchronization

[...]

Before it executes the code from that JAR is looks like this:

15:48:58,513 DEBUG TransactionSynchronizationManager:265 - Clearing
transaction synchronization

Any ideas as to what would cause such a behavior?  My Log4J Properties
file is:

### direct log messages to stdout ###

log4j.appender.stdout.Target=System.out

log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ABSOLUTE} %5p %c{1}:%L
- %m%n

### set log levels - for more verbose logging change 'info' to 'debug'
##

log4j.rootLogger=info, stdout

log4j.logger.com.ibatis=debug

log4j.logger.com.ibatis.common.jdbc.ScriptRunner=debug

log4j.logger.com.ibatis.sqlmap.engine.impl.SqlMapClientDelegate=debug

log4j.logger.java.sql.Connection=debug

log4j.logger.java.sql.Statement=debug

log4j.logger.java.sql.PreparedStatement=debug

log4j.logger.java.sql.ResultSet=debug

log4j.logger.org.springframework.transaction=debug

log4j.logger.org.springframework.orm=debug

log4j.logger.com.firstam.mlsdatachecker=debug

Thanks.

Daniel Kalcevich

Software Engineer

SCJP, SCWCD

ext. 7503

Re: Log4J writing duplicate rows and hanging application

Posted by James Stauffer <st...@gmail.com>.
Turn on debug.  My guess is that it is getting reconfigured.

--
James Stauffer