Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Raj <n_...@chennai.tcs.co.in> on 2002/12/31 08:45:55 UTC

Console output in Tomcat

Hi all,
When I used Java Web Server, it ran in the console, and if I had a statement like System.out.println(someValue) in my servlet, I was able to see the output on the console. Where does all this output go in Tomcat? I am not able to see anything printed by System.out.println().
Thanks,
Raj

Re: Console output in Tomcat

Posted by Vladimer Shioshvili <vs...@qrc.com>.
Raj,

This is what happens with Windows (i am not sure how is it in Linux
environment). If using tomcat as a service, output goes to a log file
stdout.log (it's defined by default in the service configuration) located
in %tomcat_home%\logs folder. Along with that you will find sterr.log that
has System.err.out(..) output.

Vlad