Posted to user@struts.apache.org by rh...@rdg.boehringer-ingelheim.com on 2001/03/21 22:42:22 UTC

RE: workaround for weblogic5.1 cast exception doesnt work for HP -UNIX

You should not see any differences between HP-UX and NT- assuming WL is
started up in the same way. I am currently developing on NT and deploying to
our HP-UX 11 test environment without any problems. I would verify that the
classpath... and WL classpath... are identical in both environments (the
same libraries/paths are specified and in same order), and make sure you are
starting WL the same way. Also, make sure all your compiled classes are up
to date (i.e. recopy classes to /WEB-INF/classes/), and you must restart WL
whenever these classes are updated.

If you deploy your app in expanded format (unzipped war), which is what I do
during development, you must put Struts.jar and /WEB-INF/classes in the WL
classpath.

Hope this helps,

-Bob