Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Hugo Trippaers <HT...@schubergphilis.com> on 2012/07/10 09:46:41 UTC

bugs.cloudstack.org

Heya,

Do I need to do anything special to activate an account on bugs.cloudstack.org, it seems I'm not allowed to login with my 'htrippaers' account.

On a side note, shouldn't this be moved to issues.apache.org? One of the few nice things is that they have a workflow to add a patch to the ticket and you have to indicate that you are allowed to contribute this code according to the apache submission guidelines. At the moment there is no such check in place or recorded by reviewboard.

Cheers,

Hugo

Re: bugs.cloudstack.org

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 3:46 AM, Hugo Trippaers
<HT...@schubergphilis.com> wrote:
> Heya,
>
> Do I need to do anything special to activate an account on bugs.cloudstack.org, it seems I'm not allowed to login with my 'htrippaers' account.
>
> On a side note, shouldn't this be moved to issues.apache.org? One of the few nice things is that they have a workflow to add a patch to the ticket and you have to indicate that you are allowed to contribute this code according to the apache submission guidelines. At the moment there is no such check in place or recorded by reviewboard.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Hugo

Normally no - the issue in your case was you activated an account on
wiki.cs.o initially and for some reason that gets things hung up since
they use a common auth database. I added your account to jira-users to
avoid that problem.

Long term we are migrating, just a matter of when.

--David

Re: bugs.cloudstack.org

Posted by Robert Schweikert <rj...@suse.com>.

On 07/10/2012 03:46 AM, Hugo Trippaers wrote:
> Heya,
>
> Do I need to do anything special to activate an account on bugs.cloudstack.org, it seems I'm not allowed to login with my 'htrippaers' account.
>
> On a side note, shouldn't this be moved to issues.apache.org? One of the few nice things is that they have a workflow to add a patch to the ticket and you have to indicate that you are allowed to contribute this code according to the apache submission guidelines. At the moment there is no such check in place or recorded by reviewboard.

Well, I could swear David sent a message a few weeks ago about migrating
the wiki and bugs to ASF infrastructure, but I cannot find the message
in the archives.

That said CloudStack does not yet show up as project in jira at
issues.apache.org, probably because we are still in incubator status.
Also the link given https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK on
the CloudStack incubator page does not work.

David?

Later,
Robert

Tech Lead