Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by David Demner <tu...@demner.com> on 2004/01/30 07:52:04 UTC

Problem with classpath when jars are moved to common/lib

Hi all,

It's funny, but I had an extremely similar problem to Stephen yesterday.
Everything looked fine from the outside, but the damn servlet just wouldn't
load, with the same symptoms as he described. Really frustrating!

It started when I moved all the jar files from
<catalina_home>/webapps/<project>/WEB-INF/lib to <catalina_home>/common/lib.
I have 4 turbine projects on the go, and figured it would be better to move
the required jars to the common lib, rather than the lib for each individual
project. But I couldn't figure out how to do get it to work.

The only clue that I had that something wasn't working right was an error
saying turbine couldn't find one of my custom pull tools, even though it was
in WEB-INF/classes, as it should be. I figure that in the end turbine (or
maybe something else) was looking in a hardcoded location for the class
files, and it couldn't find them after I moved the jars.  But this seems
'strange' to me.

Could anyone shed some light on the situation?

Thanks!

David Demner